Cookie Crunch and Peanut Protein Pancakes…
February marks the end of Winter and the return of Spring!
It’s a month where we celebrate many things including Pancake Day!!
Pancake Day, also known as Shrove Tuesday came about as a date to feast using up basic food cupboard staples such as eggs, flour and milk before the beginning of Lent starting on Ash Wednesday – the 40 days leading up to Easter- which was traditionally a time of fasting
It’s one of the most fun events of the year with many of us rolling up our sleeves, perfecting our pancake flip skills and enjoying new flavour combinations with our friends, families and loved ones.
Do you love pancakes but quickly fill overloaded with sugar and full of regrets the day after?
Did you know that Herbalife Nutrition teamed up with Celebrity chef Rachel Allen and have created a selection of delicious, inspiring and nutritious recipes with new takes on many popular dishes, desserts and snacks.
This recipe is simple, quick to prepare and a great way to celebrate Pancake Day without undoing your healthy eating plan.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 (3-4 pancakes per serving)
• 4 scoops Herbalife Nutrition Formula 1 Cookie Crunch (New Formula)
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp smooth peanut spread (“Whole Earth” is a great choice)
• 2 medium eggs
• 100ml water
1. Place all ingredients in the
blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place a frying pan over a medium high heat until a few drops of water sprinkled into the skillet forms beads and sizzles.
3. Sprinkle a small amount of oil on a paper towel and lightly wipe the surface of the pan.
4. Pour pancake batter into 3” diameter pancakes and cook until browned on the underside.
5. Flip pancakes and continue to cook until the second side is brown.
6. Serve straight from the pan, top with your favourite berries or fruits and enjoy!
Nutritional Value per serving*
|Kcal||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Sugars (g)||Fibre (g)|